The ACCS was established in July 2009. Before July 2009 the community services were been carried out by the Department of Social Work, AIMS but it was given a status of ‘Centre of Excellence’ in 2009 to make the students of other departments participate in the activities to accomplish following objectives.
- A house was built for a differently able person in Janapanahalli
- Two toilets were constructed for the primary school children in Bellibetlahalli
From the time of inception the centre is looking in to participate and join hands in various perspectives of community services. Presently faculty fraternity of MSW department were looking into the various activities of the centre. The centre coordinates with faculty and students of other departments to join their hand with the possible Intervention. The centre primarily focuses on giving direct and indirect services to the needy in a best professional way. The main objective of the centre is to give an insight to the students of AIMS about the ground realities of the society and how best they can understand in performing their roles as responsible individual in the society. In this view Centre is organising various community intervention programs, awareness programs, performs street plays, and raises funds, clothes, notebooks etc., performs cultural, recreation programs for the inmates of various rehabilitation centres as well.
Some of the programs planned by the centre as follows
- Building habitat for the community.
- Cleaning neighbourhood community parks and the streets.
- Providing local library services.
- Conducting blood donation camps.
- Tutoring differently able children.
- Providing basic amenities like: food, shelter & clothing to the needy people.
- Conducting recreational programmes for under privileged women and youth.
The centre will put in solid efforts to become more and more effective among the chosen communities and social service organisation through its sincere service with the help and support of the vibrant students community of AIMS in future.
- To imbibe the feeling of reciprocity among the students, i.e. serving the community back as it serves us.
- To involve all the departments and their students collectively in the work.
- To bring about social change in the surrounding urban and rural communities.
- To strengthen sense of civic responsibility of young people.
- Awareness on HIV/AIDS and other health matters in the public places, communities and other adopted villages
- Observing World AIDS Day
- Yearly Blood Donation Camps at AIMS in association with Lions club.
- Volunteering:– sending students of AIMS as volunteers to collaborated organization
- Competition for inmates of Juvenile home, rehabilitation centres
- Health camps for women and aged in identified community
- Awareness regarding child rights among the school going children of rural areas.
- Celebrating World Environment Day
- Celebration of special Days and National events.
- Celebrating World mental health Day
- GMR VARALAKSHMI FOUNDATION – Which is a CSR unit of GMR group, Bangalore wherein foundation collaborated with us in involving our students as volunteers in awareness and capacity building for the migrant labours of their projects
- SATHI – Society for assistance to children in difficult situation which has collaborated with us to involve our students in their projects of identifying child labours and run away children from railway stations and rehabilitating them to their families.
- BOSCO- Bangalore Oniyavara Seva Coota mainly working for prevention of child labours, runaway children. Emphasizes on
- SUMANAHALLI – is society for treatment, rehabilitation of HIV /AIDS and leprosy patients in Bangalore mainly collaborated with us for volunteerism and celebration of events and special days like Christmas
- SVARAJ - Society for voluntary action revitalization and justice Doddaballapur which is mainly working on environment and water protection concepts collaborated with us in sapling distribution and plantation program in and around Doddaballapur.
- PROJECT UTHAN – A CSR Unit of Cart initiative a Voluntary service for street children is collaborating with us to involve our team as trainers for education and training program of theirs.