With over 1400 young minds in the campus, AEEC was established in April 2007 to create and promote entrepreneurial culture in AIMS.
AEEC has network with
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India – EDII, Ahmedabad
- National Entrepreneurship Network – NEN
- Association of Women Entrepreneurs in Karnataka – AWAKE
AEEC is lead by a Director and is supported by 8 faculty members, 12 students and an experienced Mentor. The advisory council consisting of 8 entrepreneurs act as Think tank.
It gives me immense pleasure to introduce to you AIMS’ initiative in the field of entrepreneurship.
Entrepreneurship is the call of the era. AIMS was one of the first very few to have recognized this change and trend. This gave shape to a lot of ideas in this direction which finally led to establishing the AIMS Entrepreneurship Excellence Centre (AEEC) in 2007.
With an objective of creating an ecosystem vibrant with entrepreneurial spirit and culture, AEEC strongly supports AIMS’ vision to empower youth so that they contribute to the society in the best way possible. Very much in line with AIMS’ efforts in helping students discover their potential and realize their dreams, AEEC is one of the leading excellence centres of AIMS, in addition to giving excellent academic input.
I am happy to communicate here about a few efforts that we have made in this area. Over these six years, AEEC has developed a rigorous incubation process for the students with a spark of entrepreneurship. The process first identifies students with entrepreneurial ambition through a selection round and conducts a 5 module intensive mentoring course for them. Every year AEEC mentors around 50-60 students.
AEEC, with a desire to showcasing its talent and connecting with society, has networked with organizations like National Entrepreneurs Network (NEN), AWAKE, EDII and many other pioneers in promoting entrepreneurship. Further, it has an experienced mentor on board. AEEC’s advisory board meets thrice a year to help strategise and build network. In order to promote and record AEEC’s activities and to inculcate a spirit of research in the field of entrepreneurship, it comes up with three editions every year of an in-house publication called YASHAS.
All the above efforts of people associated with AEEC during these formative years, have bagged many accolades for the cell. AIMS has won the Best College for Entrepreneurship Education award from NITIE –Mumbai and won the Champions/Runners Up trophy for the last four years continuously during the NEN E-week. One of the biggest achievements of AEEC is that it has been identified as the local delivery partner by ISB for Goldman Sachs ISB 10000 Women Entrepreneurship program. To date, 87 cohorts have already graduated and benefitted from this program.
My message would be incomplete if I fail to recognize that all this has been possible because of the unstinted support from our top Management in all our endeavours.
Director - AEEC
- Build an Entrepreneurial Eco System in AIMS
- Motivate, guide and inspire the younger generation in AIMS campus to become entrepreneurs
- Disseminate knowledge on entrepreneurship and traching success story of entrepreneurs
- Conduct research in the field of entrepreneurship
- Develop intrapreneurial skills in students to meet Industry requirement
- Release of Bi-annual magazine ‘Yashas’
- Annual NEN E-week celebrations during February
- Foundation day celebrations during April every year
- E-leaders intensive mentoring program
- Inter and intra collegiate B-plan competitions