TECHNOLOGY IN EDUCATION
Technology has become an integral part of our lives today and the younger generation is very comfortable using it. Being in the higher education space, one more reason we feel it is important to embrace technology in education because a lot of schools across the country have invested in digital classrooms and soon we would be catering to a generation who have grown up in this environment.
At AIMS we have taken the initiative to integrate technology into education in order to :
- Make classrooms more interactive
- Bring in a lot more collaboration between students and faculty
- Enable 'anywhere anytime' learning
- Give access to much more content from across the globe that would enrich the students that much more
- Bring in more transparency
As a part of this initiative, we have invested in Apple technology (iMacs, iPads, and Mac Server) and strengthened our WiFi network.
On a pilot basis, in the first phase :
- The students of MBA, PGDM, and BBM departments iPads and trained them on the Mac environment and iWork (productive suite) certification course
- Faculty members have been trained on iWork so that they can develop their own digital content that can be shared with the students
- Various features like Wikis, iCal, Mail, and Address Book have been enabled and given access to the students
- The students of MCA and BCA departments are trained on Apple Certified Courses on the Mac OS X apart from the iOS development courses that would enable them to develop applications on the iOS platform
Apple @ AIMS
Apple as a company has been involved with education for over 30 years now and when you look at their range of products, they provide a seamless integration across the range of products and also brings in a lot of control for the IT team managing the network. The solution that we intend to provide to an 'anywhere anytime' student is absolutely possible through Apple products, the same solution can be offered through a combination of other products available in the market but based on our experience they do not bring in the same amount of simplicity that Apple products do.
At AIMS, we have initiated a number of programmes on the Apple environment :
- Students of MBA, PGDM, PGDITM, BBM, MCA, and BCA are being offered Apple Certification programmes
- A lab with iMacs has been set up that enables the students to attend the certification programmes and develop applications on iOS platform, and enable faculty to develop digital content
- Invested in Mac Server that would enable us to offer features like Wikis, iCal, Mail, and Address Book in the first phase to both students and faculty members