All the foreign nationals intending to study at AIMS need to have a valid student visa. For more information on student visa, visit www.immigrationindia.nic.in
Foreign students may approach the concerned FRROs/District Superintendents of Police(FROs) for extension of stay for a period of one year at a time up to the duration of the course or 5 years whichever is less for students pursuing full time and regular course in a reputed and recognised university or institution.
The FRROs / FROs cum Superintendents of Police can grant one year Visa extension to students and research scholar desirous to come to study Yoga, Vedic Culture, Indian system of dance / music
at the recognized Institution on year to year basis for a period up to five years subject to due sponsorship by the Institution and nothing adverse against the foreigner.
The following documents are required to be submitted at the time of Visa Extension :
- Visa Extension form
- 1 Recent passport size photographs
- Bonafide certificate from College / University / Institute (In original)
- Copy of passport / VISA / Registration Book
- Copy of valid and notarised Lease/Rent agreement OR Copy of C-Form from the Hotel OR copy of recent electricity/telephone bill along with the letter from the landlord, towards proof of residence
- Passport and Registration Book in original
In respect of foreign students who are already in India and who wish to pursue research programmes after completing their studies, the local FRO / FRRO is competent to convert a Student Visa into Research Visa if the student can furnish documentary proof of admission in a research programme and of adequate financial resources, subject to MHA guidelines in this regard.
Foreign student may approach the concerned FRROs / FROs cum Superintendents of Police for grant of one return VISA per year on genuine grounds such as for visiting parents, relatives during vacation, family emergencies, appearing in exams board etc. In cases of extreme compassion i.e., death / serious illness of close relative/friend, even second return VISA may be granted subject to usual checks and production of certificate from the university / educational institutions.
FRROs / FROs cum Superintendents of Police can allow change of Institution / Course provided the new institution and course are fully recognized /approved and are full time proper courses. The course fee for duration of the course or five years, whichever is less is US$ 75 (at current rate an amount of Rs. 3500/-). An additional fee of US$ 75 has to be charged for subsequent change in course. However, no course fee is charged from ICCR Scholars & students from gratis VISA countries.
* The information provided on this page might not be updated information, kindly visit www.immigrationindia.nic.in for latest information.
People of Indian Origin (PIO) can either come with a PIO Card or an OCI (Dual Citizenship). In such case they do not need a student visa to study in India. However a PIO Card Holder will have to register with the FRRO.
All PIO students staying in India longer than 6 months are required to register with the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO). The following documents are required for registration :
- Photocopy of the passport and initial visa
- Four photographs of the applicant
- Details of residents in India
- HIV test report from one of the WHO recognised institutions for people in the age group of 15 to 60
- Bonafide certificate from the university / college / institution
- Proof of Bank Account / sufficient funds for non-scholarship students